Feedback from our students
Location & Accommodation
IPACS International activities
Education at IPACS RANEPA it’s more than just studying. It is also a taste of the Russian culture, Russian friends, and a fantastic experience!
We have students from more than 24 countries around the world
Deputy Director of the Russian-Italian Center, Deputy Head of the International Cooperation Department
All prospective incoming students should start the process of enrolment by contacting their Home university. The deadlines for the nominations for the exchange are:
- May 1, for Autumn semester or the whole academic year
- November 1, for Spring semester.
After the students are officially nominated by their Home universities, we can start preparing the documents for the visa invitation.
You can submit an application automatically by clicking the button below and our coordinator will contact you.
Required documents for application procedure for the exchange bachelor’s/master’s students (either in Russian or English):
- Passport copy (all pages with information, well readable scan). The passport should be valid not less than 6 months after the end of the period of stay in Russia
- Application form with a color photo on it
- Learning agreement
- Transcript of records (results of the previous study period at the home university)
- Nomination letter from the home university
- Medical insurance (it is possible to buy it in the Medical Centre of RANEPA online by the link)
The invitations for the students’ visa are processed be the FMS (Federal Migration Service), not by RANEPA, will be prepared in the period from 30 to 45 days.
We can apply for the visas not earlier than 90 days’ prior the arrival.
The first visa given to the students is for single entry, with the validity period of 90 days. After we process the admission, we apply for the extension of these visas for the whole period of stay – the new long visas are for multiple entries and the students are free to travel abroad.
Please, pay attention that you won’t be able to exit the Russian Federation until the long visa procedure is done inside the country. The term of the first visa is three months, after the expiration of this period, the academy coordinator collects documents and helps you get a multi-visa for the entire period of your study.
First days after arriving to Moscow
Upon arrival to Moscow the students must bring the following documents for the registration (an obligatory migration document, to be made within 3 days on arrival) to the International Office:
- Passport copy
- Copy of the visa
- Copy of the migration card (given at the airport of arrival at the customs)
- Also, coordinator will make an official translation of your passport for VISA prolonging in external official agency
- And near Academy you need to make 12 photos (matte) for VISA, internal documents and student cards.
The registration should be renewed each time a student goes abroad and gets back to Russia!
When the term of the application for the registration expires and a student gets no registration, it’s the violation of law and causes the forcing to leave the country.
The academic year
The academic year is divided into two semesters, Fall and Spring. The academic calendar slightly varies from year to year. Generally, the Fall semester begins on September 1, with the test period at the end of December and the exams in January, while the Spring semester starts in early February with the lectures completed by the end of May, and the tests and exams till approximately the beginning of July.
The dates are approximate! – They depend on the curricula of the courses a student takes, since the exchange students are free to take every discipline in every course.
September, 01 – December, 20
December, 19 – December, 30*
January, 09 – January, 30
January, 30 – February, 5
February, 6 – May, 30
May, 30 – June, 15
June, 15 – July, 5
June, 30 – August, 31
* It should be mentioned that the students who want to leave for Christmas, have a possibility of passing the tests or exams in advance (by the agreement with the Dean).
Location & Accommodation
We offer places in the campus dorms to all exchange students. A double room costs around 12.400 RUR per month (for one person) – depending on the number of days in the month, it’s around 150 Euros according to the current bank rate.
Apartments are quite expensive in Moscow (around 40.000 RUR per month), but, surely, the students are free to choose. We kindly ask to inform us about the necessity of the place in the dorms during the application period, as the places are limited.
What we have in the room and around:
- Bathroom and fridge in the room
- Kitchen on the floor
- Laundry on the floor
The campus is located in the South-West of Moscow, it’s quite a prestigious area, with parks, shopping malls, restaurants, and it’s very close to the subway station Yugo-Zapadnaya, so it takes around 20–15 min to reach the very center of Moscow – the Red Square.
There’s a number of supermarkets (Auchan, Viktoria, Perekrestok, etc.) and malls (Avenue, Zvezdochka) which are situated near to the campus, where you can find everything one can need – food, clothes, books, houseware, etc.
RANEPA accepts more and more international students every year. We’re happy to see that the students consider it attractive to study here and we do our best for them to get only the best impression.
Feedback from our students
Orientation meetings for international students at IPACS RANEPA are held at the beginning of each semester.
We ask the international students to attend the meetings as we give the information needed to understand the education process and other aspects of life and study.
We have a large number of libraries and bookstores.
The library contains over 1,000,000 items in Russian and foreign languages. The library keeps books in key fields of knowledge as well as the dissertations presented at RANEPA. The Rare Books Collection currently has more than 1,100 items. The Collection comprises a set of books published between 1831 and 1917 and that show ownership details such, as ex libris, presentations, and owners’ inscriptions. Books from the Collection are available only at the Reading Hall.
RANEPA bookstores are offer a broad selection of audiobooks, multimedia and e-textbooks, regulatory literature, stationery, office supplies, and souvenirs. They offer a cozy atmosphere with knowledgeable and helpful staff.
|SPORTS COMPLEX FACILITIES||LOCATION|
|Swimming pool: 24 m, three lanes||Building 2|
Building 1, 2
|Practice gyms||Building 2, 3, 6|
Building 2, 3, 6
|Climbing wall||Building 2|
Outdoor sports grounds
Between Building 4 and 5; in front of Building 6
|Medical station||Building 2|
RANEPA hosts many events throughout the year, from the matriculation ceremony, the traditional Kapustnik, to the New Year Ball.
The Kaleidoscope of Cultures festival offers a glimpse of the traditions of different peoples, and the All-Russia Spartakiad Games attract the best athletes.
The annual choice of Mr. and Miss RANEPA, as well as the IPACS student festival and much more!
- Université de Nice Sophia-Antipolis, community of Universities and Institutions of the Cote d’Azur
- Institut d’Études Politiques de Paris – Sciences Po
- Université Paris Ouest Nanterre La Défense
- Paris East Créteil Val de Marne University
- Université de Provence — Aix-Marseille
- Institut catholique d’études supérieures
- KEDGE Business School
- International Management School Geneva
- Swiss Academy for International Law
MPA accredited programs
- European Association for Public Administration Accreditation (EAPAA)
- Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
- Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona
- Pompeu Fabra University
- Universidad de Valencia
- Universidad de Almeria
- Universidad de Cádiz
- Universidad de Salamanca
- Universidad de Oviedo
- The 4 Universities Alliance (A-4U)
- Universitat Rovira i Virgili
- EDEM Escuela de Empresarios
- Munich Business School
- KEDGE international educative support limited – KIES (Hong Kong)
- Università degli Studi di Torino
- Sapienza – Università di Roma
- Università di Pisa
- LUISS – Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali «Guido Carli»
- Varna Free University «Chernorizets Hrabar»
- University of Groningen
- Wageningen University & Research
- HU – University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- Leiden University
- Erasmus University of Rotterdam
- Nuffic Neso Russia – Dutch Education Center